"Clare Vengel is my kind of heroine. Sexy, sharp-tongued and smart as hell, she’s a fully three-dimensional badass."
"[Clare] is a tough girl to get away from and get out of your head–she is smart, gutsy and unconventional, but it is her touch of vulnerability that keeps you worrying about her well-being, and keeps you turning pages."
"Clare is charming and irreverent, an unlikely heroine."
– Scene Magazine
"Spano's dialogue is the backbone of her books. It keeps the plot moving forward at train-wreck speed and you won't want to put on the brakes but you'll crash well after your usual bedtime."
- Crime Fiction Lover
About the Books
- Death's Last Run takes Clare undercover to Whistler to investigate the suicide or murder of Sacha Westlake, a senator's daughter who was taking time out to party and contemplate her future.
- Death Plays Poker takes Clare on tour as a poker playing trust fund princess who has to find the killer of high profile poker players.
- Dead Politician Society is Clare's rookie assignment: she's undercover as a university student, trying to find the murderer of local politicians.
About the Series
Clare starts out rough--both professionally and personally. She's 22 years old with a chip on her shoulder. She wants to be a great cop, but her resistance to authority trips her up continually. As the series progresses, she becomes a better cop and (slowly) begins to open up as a person.
The books are fun and fast-paced. They do not have to be read in order. In fact, reader reviews favour the latest one first, so we recommend starting with Death's Last Run.
Where to Buy
- Are you a literary locavore? Ask your local independent bookstore to order in the title(s) of your choice.
- Prefer to buy online? All the books are available in various formats at amazon.ca (Canada), amazon.com (USA) and most other online booksellers.