In a bold and bouncy style, Spano weaves Clare Vengel’s story with generous measures of action, surprise, and romance.
- Steve Steinbock in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine
About the Books
- Death's Last Run (May 2013, ECW Press) combines drugs, snowboarding and politics in what critics are calling Clare's most exciting adventure yet. The story takes Clare undercover to Whistler to investigate the death of a senator's daughter.
- Death Plays Poker (Oct 2011) takes Clare into the murky underworld of high stakes poker to uncover a cheating scam and a killer. Gossip, fashion, and romance spice this up into what readers call an addictively fun read.
- Dead Politician Society (Sept. 2010) is Clare's rookie assignment. The mayor of Toronto has been murdered. Clare goes undercover as a university student where a secret society has claimed credit for his death.
The books can be read in any order. Reader reviews favor the latest, so we recommend starting with Death's Last Run.
Where to Buy
- Literary locavore? Ask your local independent bookstore to order in the title(s) of your choice.
"Clare is charming and irreverent, an unlikely heroine."
– Scene Magazine